I have to post about Halloween weekend, and yes, I mean weekend, soon! I just had to post about this because it was so funny tonight. Grace has always been a sit-up queen ever since she was a baby. It was crazy, you would hold her feet or legs and she would literally do a baby sit up! I have to search for pictures because it was so funny. So, last night she discovered she could do them, and she could do them well....so today she wanted me to hold her feet for her and she do sit ups. So, she went to town while I counted....86 sit ups later!!! I'm not kidding, she did that many! I was counting and reading at the same time and it was in a consistent period of time! The only time she stopped is when she had rotated around from moving so my feet were slipping off of hers. So, I told Steve at the dinner table and Joseph was all in a huff about it, claiming he could do more. LOL So, Steve posed a sit-up challenge after supper. It was either how many someone could do or however many they could do in a period of time. They chose the challenge of how many they can each do. So, I started cleaning up and they each got a scarf for around their head and were "warming up" (Grace was punching in the air and Joseph was holding up a pillow in the air and punching it) The challenge began. I held Joseph's legs and counted and Steve held Graces and counted. We were laughing so hard, I about peed my pants toward the end! LOL Grace started out really fast and Joseph was pacing himself but doing them faster than she was. His count was good and then he slowed down and she caught up to him. Everytime her number climbed he would get so determined and every ounce of him would do another sit up. She stopped for a couple minutes and then would resume and do a quick ten. All the while Joseph was keeping at it, completely determined to win! In the end, Joseph did 103 and Grace did 102. Now, I'm pretty sure she did that many, I believe it because she did those 86 this afternoon with me counting. But, if we wouldn't have done that I would have said that daddy may have given her a sit up or two, but I don't think he did. :) lol So, a good thing, Joseph won and Grace got a really good work out today. 188 sit ups in one day isn't too shabby I must say. Too bad it wasn't my abs getting that workout instead of a laughing workout from the challenge!
 |
| And their off! Let the challenge begin! Livy thinks she's a part of the challenge... |
 |
| It's serious business! Livy is still trying too! |
|
|
 |
Still going, looks like Livy is backing out of the competition and there was an injury on the scene!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment