So...I finally caved. I signed up. I've created a blog. I'm not one to journal or keep a diary or to give detail to many for that matter, it's hard for me to let people in. I'm expanding my horizons, I've decided that I'm going to do this for my kids. I have two little notebooks that I keep in my cupboard so that whenever my kids say something I write it down. I've decided that when I write something down there, I will share it here also! They can read these memories that I have kept here in the years to come. I know all too well how fast time flies by, if I keep it all here it will stay, right?! ;) I started to read a couple of things in my books and was literally lol! My favorite that I will begin with is a quote from a 4 year old Joseph, " If you can't find the remote, just ask me-cause I have it." I thought what a perfect fit for a beginning blog of a mom of four who runs around in circles all day. I just pictured me searching for something...as usual...and them sitting there watching, remote in hand. Oh, the days of my life. This week has been a busy week, it seems the last couple have been. I guess just trying to squeeze the last weeks of summer in before school starts. Last week was school shopping and my mom joined us. Much to Grace's excitement about the whole deal. She says she is not going to go to school. I told her we signed her up at Crown and she is going. Well, now she said she will go, but she will not go to Crown. Here we go. So, as we are parking in the mall parking lot we said, well Grace, if you are school shopping, that means you are going to school! She replied, "ok guys, we are shopping, let's not talk about school, let's just shop" That's my girl. She ended up making out on the deal, silly bands and all.
I seriously can't remember Monday but I know we had a full week. Ahh, just checked the calendar and now I know why I can't remember, I don't want to remember. I have been having health issues and had to have a colonoscopy. Grace has been so worried about me, she wants so badly to take care of me and worries about me. :( Joseph is pretty matter of fact about it all. We are waiting on test results on what to do next.
Tuesday we went to Bible Study as we do most weeks and the kids enjoy playing in the nursery with one of the Baker girls usually. We ran home, had lunch and I searched through the baskets of clean laundry for Olivia's swimsuit. Mind you, as I'm searching, everyone is waiting. Joseph starts to help look, Grace is probably still pokily eating, Livy is either trying to "feed" Emily or putting her in a choke hold and Emily is whining or crying. If Emily is not in her chair, I've perfected the backwards walk to where I am going as she holds onto the front of my pants or dress and stumbles with me to my destination. We went to the splash park in Princeton which was very nice.
Today we went to a park in Blaine. We were to be there at ten. I must add and share, the quote that runs through my head nearly every day. "I'm like a one legged man in an a@@ kicking contest!" -Uncle Mike. That and a little circus tune that I have been known to hum aloud....It's interesting how we get places. That I will have to share as I continue to blog. Thank God Grace and Joe know how to get their shoes on and strap themselves into the car. Although, we have gotten to church and I have looked down only to see that Joseph standing there in Soccer cleats.
I think I could go on and I think for my first post, this could be a little excessive, but I have to start somewhere. Tomorrow should be quieter, well, for my standards I guess. As I always say the words I live, one minute calm, the next minute chaos....
No comments:
Post a Comment