Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The one that got away

Joseph was having breakfast one morning and said, "Mom! There is a bird in your bird feeder!" I dismissed it and told him it was just on the other side of the feeder. After breakfast, he went outside and unbennounced to me the feeder had broke and a little bird was inside the feeder.  Joseph caught the little bird and put it in a cage. (it was a baby Grossbeak btw)(yes, we are avid birdwatchers...;))  He loved his little bird and talked to it. We took pictures and he even named it "Tyler".  (Mind you, it is naptime) Well, Livy woke up from naptime and Joseph and Grace were so excited to show her the new little pet!  About 15 minutes later, Joseph came in sobbing with tears running down his face. "She let it go. Livy let the bird go!"  I ran out there, hoping it was in the corner of the cage. There she stood, binky in her mouth and one binky in her hand. She just stood there and pointed and muffled, "birdy!"  I felt so bad for Joseph, I couldn't tell him that we would get a new one or that it will come back. I struggled with the words to tell him cause the two year old let the bird go. I told him it was going to be happy going back to its Mommy and Daddy. I don't know, he got over it within about 20 minutes but, poor little guy. Those two year olds will get 'cha every time! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment