Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today

Today was one of those days that just flowed. I even had supper planned. I don't know if it's because school is looming or if we just are getting that good at the everyday thing.....I think it's cause of school...:) It seems that everytime I think to myself, I'm doing ok, getting a groove *BAM* Someone pees on the floor, spills something, breaks something, ear infection, toilet overflowing, up all night, crying, ahhhhh! Maybe I should have just kept it to myself! :) Thus the life of a mom! Today I was looking back at all the things I have written over the years and it brings a smile to my face and makes me all the more realize that I love what I do and I love my children and am so thankful for them. I am so thankful to have recorded these and I laugh to myself when I read them.  When something happens, the kids probably are looking at me frantically digging for the notebook thinking what is she doing now?? Either that or I am staring into space repeating to myself what just happened so I won't forget! 
We had Joseph's first grade meeting with the teacher tonight. We met Mrs. Carlson at school and Joseph unpacked his things into his desk. He thought it was really cool to have a desk and neatly organized all his things into his desk.  Mrs. Carlson has been his teacher from Preschool to now so she knows how he is and how he learns. We have been so blessed to have her teach him. There will be 11 kids in his class, Kindergarten and 1st grade.  There is only 4 in his 1st grade class! He is excited. Grace came along and saw her cubby for Preschool and has repeatedly told us tonight that she is excited for preschool...that's today, who knows what tomorrow will bring! :)

4-27-10 Grace-"How do moms remember things?"

3-22-10 Olivia-"Ooo Wow!! What da who?!" (looking at a bowl of my cereal)

8-2-10 Joseph-"You guys better thank your old pal Joe Joe, I just cleared a path in this garage..."

2008 Joseph(4)- (talking into a walkie talkie) "ok-this is walkie to talkie-meet me in my room..."

We used to have a cat named Shelley.....
2008 Grace(2 1/2)
Me- "You want chili for supper?
Grace- "No"
Me- "Well, you are having chili for supper"
Grace- "No mommy, we can't eat fur! You can't eat cats for supper, you get really sick and burp!"

2010 Grace(4)- "Mom! Livy snithered (slithered) on Emily!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment