Thursday, August 26, 2010

Standards of measurement

In our house, there is a couple of ways that we DAILY measure things around here....

Amount of food-that is measured by if Uncle Ricky can eat it or if/how Andre the Giant eats it, ate it and how much he ate of it.

Distance-this is measured by if Uncle Jeremy can run there, if he has run that far and if he could run that far.

Deer or fish-this is an obvious one if you know Steve, this is measured by if Daddy has caught one that big or shot one like that or hunted one like that.

Length of time-I have had to break down a time frame on how much time is left by when you watch one show, two shows, etc. or how long it takes to get to the cabin or Lake of the Woods.

Toughness-well, there's no measurement, Joseph thinks he's just tougher than anybody. Especially when he has no shirt on....;)

"Do I look big Mom? Big enough to go to Kindergarten?" Grace (2)

"Are these my boxing undies?" Joseph (4)
"You mean boxers?!" Me

"Papa can eat a whole taco in one bite! I saw him!" Joseph (5)

(Daddy at lunchtime when Grace was not eating)
"You better eat or there will be no more treats for the rest of the day!"
Grace-"Ugh, not that again."

4-20-08 Grace (2)-"Wicky's the boss if the whole wide wowld"
Me-"Who told you that?"
G-"Wicky."

"Oh I wonder what I'm going to look like when I'm ten!"-Grace (3)

 10-09-Joseph-"Emily can look in the mirror anytime..and that mirror is me!"

2 comments: