Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Grade

We now officially have a first grader!! Joseph started school on Monday. At Crown they start a week early and usually get out earlier than the public schools at the end of the year. We woke up to get ready, he had his usual oatmeal and he was excited but quiet. I took for granted that the classroom was the same, the teacher was the same and as I was bustling around I suddenly asked, "Are you nervous Joseph?" He replied quietly, "yeah." I then reassured him he would have a great day and that he has so many things to look forward to now that he is a first grader! He did great! I showed Steve the pictures that I took of him at his locker, desk, with his good friend Marlo and with Mrs. Carlson and Steve said that I was a really embarassing mom!! I defended that every other parent was taking pictures and I even saw a video camera!! I told him I did what I could do cause I don't think I will be able to get away with it in the coming years! Joseph didn't seem to mind. When he came home he was excited about his day and said it went good and they had "5 recesses!!". With a class of 8 boys and all the excitement I'm sure Mrs. Carlson wanted to run them! :)
He did tell us at the supper table that he met Grace's new teacher! He was very excited and he said he told Mrs. Debbie that his little sister is going to be in the preschool room and her name is Gracie. He said he showed Mrs. Debbie where Grace's cubbie was so that when she comes she will know that is his sister. Steve and I were so proud and I'm sure both of our hearts were warmed by his big brother gesture. It's starting already, first grade and he's paving the path for his little sister. :')

3 comments:

  1. Aw, what a precious milestone for Joseph!! He looks like such a sweet little guy in his first day outfit..love those shoes! :) I got warm fuzzies thinking of him paving the way for Grace, he is such a good big brother!

    ReplyDelete