Thursday, September 2, 2010

No rest for the weary

We have had a couple of busy days! We are going up north to the cabin this weekend so let the packing begin! I actually haven't even started and it is Thursday and it is past my bedtime. So, crazy Friday packing it is. On Wednesday we took Joseph to school and then went to Costco and Target to get groceries for the weekend and to get Auntie Naomi her Birthday present! She turned 29 for the record....:) The girls love to shop and Grace always thinks things are "so neat! can we get that?!" I get quite used to saying, no, not today, we don't need that, that's expensive, are you kidding?! ;) They love the samples at Costco. We usually end the Costco run with "foozies" as Livy calls them, i.e. smoothies. Grace decided this time that she wanted the frozen yogurt that I usually get, in chocolate of course. I ran home before picking Joseph up to put refridgerated stuff away and to go to the bathroom.  She ended up letting hers melt and when we got home she thought it was necessary to travel up the stairs to get a straw. Well, she turned around at the top of the stairs and dropped the whole cup of melted chocolate on the cream carpet.  Argh!!! I immediately started scrubbing and Livy of course had to go poop in the meantime. I scrubbed as much as I could get up, and in the meantime Livy had gotten done and decided to just walk away from the bathroom without wiping of course. sigh. So I cleaned up, wrangled everyone and ended up being only about 10 min late to get Joseph. Circus music was playing in the background the whole time...;) We went to Naomi's party and had a great time on the farm! Connor loves to have his cousin's over to see his cows! The kids had a blast playing together.
We went to the State Fair today. My dad got entry and ride tickets from his work, General Mills because it was his work party. Our dear friend Jenni Olson came along with all of us Mom, Dad, sisters and brothers (minus Steve and Emily). I thought it might be a little too much with 4 kids by myself, two babies and all....so my friend Emily watched Emily! The kids loved it and were so good and such troopers the entire day. I hope they sleep well tonight! We rode the bus to the fair from a park and ride and Grace and Livy were in complete awe over it all! They had never rode a bus! They loved it. They ate pronto pups, cotton candy, sno cones, hot dogs, pretzels, more cotton candy and even corn dog pizza! We watched part of a parade, looked in the DNR building, went on rides, watched a native american presentation, saw army tanks driving down the road and much more.  I will ask each of them what their favorite thing was about the fair...it will be interesting what they each say! I bet one of them will mention the bus! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment