Today we started off the day with quite the events. Today was also packed with many different quotes, I was laughing to myself quite a bit! Joseph started off the day on a not so good note though. He came out and was quite cuddly which I thoroughly enjoyed cause that is too few and far between for me now that he is getting bigger and cooler...;) We still cuddle when we can. He then broke into tears saying he didn't want to go to school and didn't want to go every day. He cried because of the homework, the getting up early, the math, no reading, he "already knows everything!". I said, "Joseph, what time is it?" (7:26am), he replied, "9:57", I said, "you're going to school". He got over it for that moment and got ready. We are going to have a longggg year.... ;) It's a big adjustment, many changes going on! Just then, Grace came sauntering out in her famous cinderella nightgown that is faded in the chest from so much wear. I looked and there was a pink strap under her nightgown. I said, "What is this?! What are you wearing?!" She said, "My swimsuit! I want to wear a bra-I want to be like you!" It was hilarious! It was a triangle top bikini. To her, she had wore her bra to bed...funny! It then prompted the question from Joe, "What are are they for anyway?" Now, how to answer that one?! I just said it was like underwear. He took it.
We took Joseph to school and met Grace's preschool teachers Mrs. Debbie and Mrs. Tammy. They were so nice and Grace was so good and she was excited to meet them. The girls played in the room while I talked with the teachers, they had fun! Today she says she cannot wait to go to school, we will see Friday! She called Mimi after to tell her all about it. She can dial the number pretty much by herself. I tell her the number to push and she follows the keys without missing a beat. I think she's called her just a few times...;) Livy then wanted to talk to her. I have to record when she talks on the phone cause it is hilarious! She gets the phone, puts her ear on the number keys and says, "HALLLOOO?! HALLLOOO?!" like a little old lady! I have to move the phone so it's on her ear and then she's off talking about many different things.
I was making lunch, bologna sandwiches as requested by the girls, and I had music playing. I have a variety of music from Brandi Carlile to Casting Crowns to the Police to 50 cent to KC and the Sunshine Band to Mozart...variety! I have to filter songs and quickly run to the ipod dock on occasion, but overall we have some good dance parties in the kitchen. As I was making sandwiches....Lady Gaga was playing, "Pokerface"(one that I filter every now and then but just couldn't help but dance to the beat when it came on)....Grace was dancing in her seat and then she said, "Why does she keep saying pokerface? She gonna get a poke in her face? Why would she say that?!" SO FUNNY!! Another quote I always enjoy is Joseph (4) singing Rick Springfield, "I wish that I had Bessie's girl!" (Jessie's girl) And "shot thru the hearth and your to bane cause you give lowe a bad name!" (Jon Bon Jovi) One more...they frequently request "taco body". I'll translate that for you, Funkytown by KC and the Sunshine Band. (talk about it, talk about it, talk about it, talk about it) Even Livy loves to request taco body!
I picked Joe up from school and he said he had a great day. He was happy and said he loved lunch! He then took out a sheet of schoolwork....it was written on by Mrs. Carlson and said, "all of these are correct but numbers are backwards, please fix" well, that's all it took, the tears came down and he was saying over and over that he didn't like homework, didn't want to do homework, no homework, waaaa! 1 1/2 hrs later he finally sat at the kitchen table, erased the backwards numbers and corrected them. Oh the perils of homework....
Steve and I went out for our 9 year anniversary. My Mom and Dad watched the kids for us which was so nice. It was the first time we were out on a date in I think over a year?? We didn't count the 2 funerals, one wedding and a Urgent Care/CAT scan visit. It was so nice to be together. We had a classy date at The Brass Rail and ate our cole slaw, toast, broasted chicken and onion rings....by ourselves! Mmmm! :) We talked without interruptions, ate a hot meal and didn't have to feed or clean up after anyone! At the end of the night Steve said, "You know, I love the kids and everything about them but I do miss the days when it was just me and you."
I have so many quotes I think I may just randomly plug them in every now and then. If you see a format like this, I'm just plugging the quotes in somewhere!
Grace (3) "Mmm! This is SO yummy I don't even want to eat it!!"
Livy wiped her hands on Grace sitting next to her at the dinner table.
Grace (3) "LIVY! I'm NOT a napkin!"
Grace (3) "Do you know why I eat slow Mommy? Because my brain is trying to talk and my heart is trying to pray to Jesus."
4/10 While listening to "Funkytown" Grace said, "who's singing this?" Livy replied "Nomi"
3-17-10 Grace (4) "No forks tonight! We are using Chapsticks!" (chopsticks:))

Oh man, I honestly just wiped away tears after reading those quotes!!! I am very excited for Connor to start throwing around phrases like "taco body" "chapsticks" and to eat really slowly b/c his brain is trying to talk and his heart is trying to pray to Jesus. Love you & Steve and those adorable kids!!
ReplyDeleteKids really do say the cutest things and yours take the cake! I love the photo of you and Steve. Happy belated Anniversary!
ReplyDelete