When I pick Joseph up from school, everyday he tells me what "card" he got. I think it's green(good), yellow(warning), red(time out) and purple(call your parents). He would be proud to say that he has gotten green cards everyday this year so far. It's funny cause he says, I got a green card but so and so got a purple, so and so got a red and...I have to stop him and tell him the only one that we are concerned about is his card and anyone else's card doesn't matter (yes, deep down inside I want to know what's going on in the classroom with the other kids and Grace usually comes to the rescue and asks what each person got and I just so happen to listen...;))Last year he did get a couple yellow cards I think, one for running in the classroom and another for getting out of line? I can't remember if there was any other, it's just funny to think of his guilty face when/if Mrs. Carlson has him flip his card. lol. On the ride home today it was raining and raining. I had him wear his raincoat luckily! When we got home he started taking his coat off in the truck and said to Emily in a baby voice, "Emmy, you can wear this coat cause I don't want you to get all wet baby girl." Such a big heart for a little guy. I told him that was very nice but I was going to run her in quickly so she won't get wet and he can wear it instead. I was talking with a friend today and she asked what Steve is going to do in the teenage years when he has these three girls! We surmised, luckily we have Joe! :) We will see! :) And it will happen in a blink of an eye.
Steve went hunting last weekend and on Wednesday. It gets to be long days when you are by yourself taking care of the fabulous four. On Wed, it was a busy running day cause both kids had school and I went to a friends house for lunch. For supper I thought we would have breakfast for supper since Daddy doesn't like breakfast for supper! We had bagel egg sandwiches. Joseph ate 2 of them! I passed out the milk at the middle/end of the meal so that no one downs the milk and then gets full as usual. And, as luck would have it as it enevitably happens at least 1-5 times a week, Livy spilled her whole glass of milk. I didn't even say anything as I rushed over to her to clean it up as I don't even have anything to say about it it is such a common occurance. And sometimes you just have to shake your head about things when they are working thru their motor skill phases. She looked right at me with a very serious face, her eyebrows raised and said, "Oh, that really close one Momma. That really close." I lol'd to myself inside and just cleaned it up, it wasn't close, it happened and spilled all over the floor! lol! When Steve got home I told him and he laughed and said he just loves the age she is at. I said, yeah, I do too, but try 12+ hours of that age! I count so much during the day, "1....2....3...." I bet Emmy's first sentence will be one...two...three....
Grace is doing well going to school, now it's a calendar countdown on how many days she can be really good and go in good to school to go to Billy's with Daddy. Always something. It will be a collassal event when she goes to Billy's, I hope she's not disappointed! I think if she gets a kiddy cocktail she will be happy! :)
Emily is so funny, she is into giving kisses, shaking her head no and sassily "eh-ing" when the kids have any of her new toys/any toy she wants at the time-whether she was playing with it or not! I think she knows she is the baby! She is really getting into things too, my kitchen utensil drawer is emptied everyday a couple times a day. It's funny how babies usually pick the same things to get into daily. I remember when Joseph would get into that drawer. Now he's setting the table from the top silverware drawer! I brought home a box from Costco last week and that was a huge hit. The babies pretended it was a boat, bed, car, baby doll crib and Joseph pushed Emily around the house in it. I'll have to get one every time when I go to Costco! Heck with the toys, I'm getting boxes from now on! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment