Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nursing fiend

I do love the looks on people's faces when I say "6, 4, 2 and 1". It's pretty funny. They either look in awe or shock or look at me like I'm a crazy person. So funny. I just usually say, "yeah, it's crazy! But, we are blessed!" :) I look at it as a brand of honor to say 6,4,2,1, I've earned it! I never thought I'd have 4 kids. I remember contemplating before I had Grace via c section  if I should get my tubes tied. I wasn't ready for it at the time, I felt like I was too young and that I didn't want to make that decision at that point in my life. I'm glad I didn't, I wouldn't have 2 of the 4 blessings. Life wouldn't be the same.
I stopped nursing this week. I did it on a whim. I think I do that to myself cause then I don't get so sad about it. I had been thinking of stopping but just hadn't. I got Emily up in the morning and walked in the kitchen. She "eh'ed" to the refrigerator and I opened it and she pointed to her sippy cup of milk. I thought to myself, well, that's done with, she's good to go! :)So 12 months and 3 weeks it is. The longest of all of them to nurse. Joseph was a good eater but he was so snoopy I think he weened himself at 8 months. Grace was extra snoopy and independent and weaned herself at 6 months. Livy nursed for 9 months and now Emily, 12 months.  I did the math one time and it was a crazy amount of time that I have spent being pregnant and lactating. :) It's so good for them and I have to say I haven't had sick babies! Livy just had her first ear infection this last winter at almost 2 years old. It's been cute after the last 2 babies watching Grace and Olivia nurse their baby dolls. I watch them during their play and they feed their babies. I saw Livy one time pushing a stroller while feeding her baby! Now that's talent! :)

"I drink this milk and it goes down and into my breast and then down past Jesus in my heart and into my tummy and make me get bigger!" Grace (2)

I wrote down in my notebook that Grace (2) and Joseph (4) play that Grace is the "mom" and Joseph is her "son" LOL

Helping me with laundry, I gave Grace(2) Joseph's sheets to bring up to Joseph's room and she took them and smelled them and said, "Yep, smells like Joe!"

Mom (me) "Somebody's going to get hurt!"
Grace "Who is it?"

2-28-09 Joseph (5) "Mom! I can't believe you are going to have a baby! Don't you know how cute they are are when they come out?! "

5-28-09
Joseph (5) "What do you think it looks like in your stomach for the baby?"
Me  "I don't know, what do you think?"
Joseph "Well, I think it has water in it, it's warm and cozy and there is a raft that the baby sleeps on and a little blanket that covers it. There's a little light that comes in from your belly. It's nice and cozy for the baby."

1-29-10
Me "Grace, pick up those books and then you can watch a show."
Grace(3) "Oh! I feel just like Cinderella!"

2-23-10
Joseph (5) "Mom? How old are you again? 21 or 22?"

Grace "Have I seen Jesus?"
Joseph "Yes, you have. When He was making you in Momma's tummy."

6-4-10
Grace (4) "I love Emmy. I love babies. I wish I had another baby Daddy. It would be great to have another one-then we all could have a baby to ourselves!"

While watching intently while Momma showered, Grace(4) made a conclusion on what she thought Emily drank. "Yes, Emmy drinks water on that side(points to the left) and milk out of that side (points to the right)"

"Mom, why do men have breasts? If they don't feed babies with them? Why would they have them?" Joseph (5) (I don't remember how I answered, probably the standard, I don't know? Why do you think?!:))

No comments:

Post a Comment