Thursday, September 9, 2010

One more day



So, tomorrow is the big day. Grace starts preschool. She was talking about it all day today and seems so excited. She told me she was a little nervous.  Steve and I were talking when I got home from work and he said, "Well, she sounds excited, but with Grace you never know. She could walk into the room no problem or she could be in tears and not want you to go. When it comes down to it, it will be what she decides to do!" That's so Grace, since in the womb, she was the unknown until the day they took her out via c-section. He also informed me that he over and above bribed her...sigh. He told her if she went in like a good girl and was a good girl all day he would take her to a restaurant, any restaurant she would like and it would just be her and him. He said it could be Sonic, McDonalds, whatever she would want. He said her whole face brightened and she said, "My favorite?! Oh, I want to go to Billy's!" LOL!! I'm sure Daddy will have to buy a kiddie cocktail on that date. I think he just wanted to go out on a date again...:)
Joseph went to school on a better note and didn't seem bothered by anything when he got in the car or when we got home. He said they did spelling and he was really happy about that. He liked the sausage pizza for lunch. :) Everyday he has come home from school this week he gets right into playing with his legos. He puts them on the kitchen table and is intensely working on something. Must be a wind down for him.
Livy had a little naughty bug in her today. Some days she can just go with the flow and others I have to watch her every move!  We hadn't had one of these days in awhile.  Today if it was quiet, I would worry and I felt like I was saying, no no! all day!  There are a few certain naughty things she typically likes to do.  She is really into getting pens, crayons, markers, pencils from out of the junk drawer grabbing whatever paper she finds and scribbling on them.  She took a blank 8x10 glossy picture paper right from the printer this morning....She likes to brush her teeth too. She will use anyone's toothbrush.  She likes to give Emily a "hug". This involves a skilled choke hold and Emily squealing to be freed. She loves to help herself to gum and then likes to swallow it. She loves to put  band aides on herself or objects like they are stickers. She likes to wipe herself no matter how much toilet paper it takes! She has perfected the skill of finding her "ne-ne's" (her pacifier) and then hides with them. (She is supposed to only have them at bedtime..."supposed" to being the key word) She is so funny and really it could be so much worse but some days I am running in double circles trying to keep on top of little Livy! :)
Emily has two teeth on pushing thru. She is miserable. I feel bad cause she isn't taking her sippy cup that well either. She pushes it away from her mouth if you try to give it to her. I just don't want her to get dehydrated. I am only nursing her once in the morning and once at night. Hopefully she will transition sooner than later. It will all come in time. She is really trying to mimic what you say. It was precious at lunch when we folded our hands to pray, she joined right along with us! We sang the Johnny Appleseed song and she "sang" right along with us! I can't believe my baby is going to be one next week. :(
I hit a bird on the way to dropping Joseph off at school. When we got to school Joseph looked and tried to figure out what kind of bird it was and then off into school he went. When we got home, both Grace and Livy were so sad about it. "Oohhh, poor birdy! Poor birdy!" Livy kept saying. Grace told her it was ok cause we would see that bird again in heaven someday! He'll be there and be flying around! :) I think it was a juevinile cedar waxwing.

Grace: Dad, can I help?
Daddy: I don't know if you're mint enough to help.
Grace: Well, I'm beautiful?
Daddy: Ok, you can help.

5-20-09  "I bet that Robin that I caught is never gonna come back to our house because he is scared outta crap!" Joseph (5)

"You know what your heart look like? Jesus." Grace (2)

The moon was a crescent shape and I asked Joseph if he could see it and he said, "It's like a smiley face! How does the moon get that way? It was round before? Did Jesus rip it off so it looks like that? 1-31-09 (5yo)

"When you are in heaven, is it just a bunch of head's walking around?" Joseph (5) 5-27-09

4-30-09 Joseph (5) We have so much to teach Livy. We have to teach her how to go potty on the potty chair, dig, ride her bike, climb trees and run. AND the best thing of all that we are going to teach her is to love Jesus and be kind to others." (This one almost takes the cake for Mommy:))

"I bet everyone will hang out by Jesus instead of all the games and stuff" 4-29-10 Joseph (6) talking about when we are in heaven.

Livy getting into Momma's lipstick...

Halloween kitty time out
She loves to brush her teeth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment