When I go places on days that I have to bring Joseph to school, it's always interesting to me to count how many times I strap kids into car seats. I buckled and unbuckled two babies 8 times, Joseph and Grace can buckle themselves thankfully! :) We ran to Target to get a couple things after Emily took her morning nap. Grace packed some snacks in a purse (a piece of bubble gum and a now and later) and I grabbed some crackers, vegetable straws and a full cup of milk in a sippy cup for Emily. As we were getting ready I was searching for Emily's one shoe. Why is it that the two shoes don't stay together?! Ever?! I was looking and looking and I was thinking out loud to Olivia, "Livy, I am looking for Emily's shoe, where is her shoe?!" She replied, "I see it!! Look what I got!!!!" She comes out of her room and I thought to myself, wow! she found it! Out she comes carrying, a green koosh ball. She really missed the mark! And, for the record, I never found the shoe, still don't know where it is.
We arrived and I went to grab my purse and the diape.....oops, I forgot the diaper bag and had NO diapers. I said a prayer that she wouldn't poop, please no poop, just get in get out without any of that! As I was getting the girls out at Target, the wind was taking the door and almost slamming it into the car next to me. I asked Grace to hold it so it didn't hit the car next to me and she ended up trying but flopping with the wind and the truck door, she tried! Thankfully no scratches! :/ We were looking for something for Daddy for our anniversary and I was concentrating on fishing lures (just what he needs, I know!) and I heard a dripping sound. I looked and there was Emily with her entire sippy cup dumping all over her and onto the floor. She looked and me and pulled on her milk soaked pants and went "ehhhhh!" I said to the girls, well girls, it's time to go! I went to look for a worker and stopped one and said, "there is a spill in aisle F6, I just don't want anyone to slip." (as if I was innocent!) I think he thought I just discovered it so I walked away hurridly myself and then noticed the dripping milk on the whole backside of the cart and the trail we were leaving...I think he had a good idea on what happened. Another worker said, "A spill?!" I shook my head like, oops, yes? Then he replied, "happens all the time!" So, with no wipes, no change of pants, I got a couple more things and Emily ate half her bunny crackers, the other half were dropped and crushed by my foot and she didn't seem to mind her soaked pants. I went through as quick as I could, I was afraid something else was going to go down....we exited Target unscathed....
Just a simple run to Target, $67.03 later....
Very cute!
ReplyDelete