I haven't updated in a week!! Argh! I have been thinking and thinking about it but I had to keep plugging away around here. I was getting ready for the big 1 year old's party!! But, before I get into that I have to update and say that the Monday after Grace's first day of school was pretty much the same as the first...as well as the Wednesday of Grace's preschool....she would just stand in the hallway quietly crying and she would say to me, "it's just so hard to go in there, it's just so hard Momma". :( When she went this Friday Daddy had told her it was her last chance to go to Billy's with him if she didn't cry. She marched right into that classroom and turned and waved goodbye to me! The teacher at the end of the day looked at me, laughed and pointed down to her and mouthed to me, "She is SO funny!" She said she didn't cry and that she told her she was going to Billy's with her Daddy! Mrs. Debbie laughed about that one.
Joseph has been doing well at school. He loves the kids, hot lunches and Mrs. Carlson. He does his schoolwork well, minus one day this week. All of his papers that day were not good, he said he didn't have enough time! Poor kid, he must have panicked! One day out of the many may happen, that's part of learning! He still is touchy on homework. I told him it will be a fact of his life for many years to come! :) He is such a thoughtful little boy. Tonight he went to a birthday party for his friend Marlo. He came home with a hat full of things. He was the big ticket winner of the birthday party with the arcade games. He got with his winnings a yo-yo, tattoo, two headbands for his sisters, two colored hair extensions for his sisters and since he couldn't find anything for Emily he got a big tube of bubble bath that they can all share. It really warmed my heart that he would think of them while picking out prizes. He also was talking with Emily this morning. He told her "I cannot believe that you are one years old! That went by so fast! You shouldn't be that big already! You were just in Momma's tummy!" She smiled at him and scurried away, he told me the same thing he told her and I thought to myself, you're telling me! Time flies by way too fast! :)
Livy has had a funny week. I have been so busy cleaning and getting ready for the party she has had her little moments as any two year old would. She is usually so good with going with the flow. We picked up Daddy's work van this week (PTL!) and Daddy only had room for 2 and I had to go to Costco. Costco is usually the coveted trip, they all want to go to Costco. "You go Cosco?! I go Cosco!" Livy says in a matter of fact voice! But she didn't go to Costco this time. It was raining and I had much to do in little time. She hopped right in Daddy's truck and was excited about riding in that, a different adventure for Livy! Go with the flow Livy. One of the many funny moments in Livy's week was I told the kids to wash up before supper. She went in and was in there for awhile. I finished what I was doing and in knowing that she cannot reach the sink yet I went in to help her. She was furiously drying her hands off on the towel. I said, "what are you doing?" She said, "I wash my hands!" I looked in the sink, no bubbles. I smelled her hands and they didn't smell like soap, but they were damp...I stood up to think about it and she slowly sauntered over to the toilet looked in it and was rubbing her hands together in the air as if she was scrubbing her hands. I yelled, "ISH! That's icky!" I scrubbed her hands twice with the soap. For the record, the toilet had been flushed, it was all clear. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment