Friday, September 10, 2010

We made it, kinda



Preschool 2010

Well, it happened. Preschool. I woke them up and Grace lallygagged in bed which made me nervous but didn't surprise me. I was really trying to be nice about everything so something wouldn't trigger a possibly pending nervous fit. I gave her the choice of two french braids or curling her hair. She chose curling her hair. She got dressed and didn't really want to eat much. I understood cause my stomach was nervous! She got ready good, and she was excited. We took pics, went there and she seemed fine. We put her things in her cubby and talked with a couple little friends for quite awhile as the room hadn't opened yet. She was asking her friend questions and showing Emily off as that was her baby and all the little girls loved the baby.  It came time to go in and the brakes went on. She started to cry. She was at least quiet about it but she couldn't stop. I told her to take deep breaths and that Jesus wants her to have a good day and she needed to do this, it was time to go to school.  With a death grip on my pants we shuffled into the room, me holding Emmy, Livy on my other leg.  Her little friend Alayna tried to get her to play in the sand, "no!" I tried to give her my purple lens cleaning cloth (lol) cause I asked her who's it was and she said it was mommy's.  I told her she could have it and carry it and when she felt sad something of mine would be with her and she could think of me. "No, I don't want it." So, I asked if she wanted to color. She said she did but didn't want me to leave for a little bit. I sat with her and had her trace my hand. She wrote her name on it and drew a little person on it. I had Mrs. Debbie take a picture of us. Mrs. Debbie gave me a look and she sat with Grace, hugged her and asked her about her picture and I busted on out of there and didn't look back. I stood at the door of the school contemplating if I should look in the window, tell the secretary to look to see if she was ok, to walk by the classroom door fast. I took a deep breath and walked to the car. I contemplated calling to see if she was ok, I can't be that freak out Mom that calls! I guess I know she will be ok, but I just worry that she will be crying the whole time! I know I wouldn't go and get her if that was the case and the teachers will do absolutely wonderful, but it may just be the nature of a Momma to want her baby to be ok and to not be scared.  Wonder what she is doing right now. :)

For the record too, we got home and Livy was taking her shoes off and said, "I wanna go Gracie's school! I wanna play playdough!" I think I'll be blogging a little different story when it comes to her turn!

Mommy: Was Gracie happy to be at school?
Livy: No, she cry. She just crying.


Happy to be there at the moment
Right before we scooted out. Displaying her pretty picture.

Not so sure now...

1 comment:

  1. She sounded excited today about getting back to school tomorrow..I will pray that it goes well for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete