Sunday, October 3, 2010
Walk a thon
The Walk a thon's were a success!! Grace's walk a thon was really funny. Imagine 20 little people holding onto a rope. The teacher goes and some go and some don't. Some pick flowers, some let go and wander to the right and left. Some just stop mid walk and the other little one behind them keep going and then a pile up occurs. That happened a couple times to my amusement. I suppose I should say it was all to my amusement! We walked the first 10 feet and I looked at another parent and said, "I don't think we're gonna make it around the playground twice!" We didn't. It took them awhile though! Livy was so excited to go along and Emily rode in a stroller happy as can be! Grace said her walk a thon was so much fun! We went home and had a quick lunch because Joseph's walk a thon was going to be at 1:30. I thought it was an odd time cause school gets out at 3:00. I soon learned the reason for the early start time! I brought the wagon for the two babies and a bunch of blankets and snacks. Grace was totally hyped that she was able to do two walk a thons?!! We got going down the road and I found out the reason for the early start. A car came and we had to corral about 65 people/kids to one side of the road. There was about 4 cars that came upon us the whole time. Thankfully it was only that many otherwise I'd have to say we were there until 8 that night! :) The kids were running back and forth, chasing each other having a good time. Grace at one point said, "Oh boy. Hmph. Quite the naughty walk a thon. I didn't realize all of these kids would be running around during this walk a thon." We walked and walked, some boys found a dead snake and another little boy found an alive snake! The boys were showing with their hands how big the snakes were and they got bigger and bigger as the walk went on! We made the whole route, the babies not making a peep as there was so much action. They were so snoopy as to what was going on around them! :) We ended the walk and Daddy even came to cheer them on at the end! Everyone enjoyed root beer floats after. I don't know how much was raised but hopefully it was a success! It was a success in the kids' eyes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment