Thursday, October 7, 2010

Momma's out workin'

I got a phone call tonight at work. It's not like he calls often but with the business and close quarters I tell him, please do not call if you don't have to!! I got about 4 phone calls tonight. First one was "where are the band aides?!" Grace had fallen and skun her elbow. The second one was that Grace was being very difficult. She had a fit when they had to turn off the tv, she would not eat her supper, didn't care if she was in the front of the bathtub(the coveted spot) and was saying her stomach hurt. Steve thought it was just a ploy to not go to school tomorrow and that she was faking it. He just thought she had gotten in trouble over the tv and wanted to just be difficult. I got the third phone call. He said he had just done bath time and he had gotten Emily out of the bathtub, lotioned her and put a diaper on her. She went on her way and he went back to get another kid. He came out with kid #2 only to find Emily at the table licking off Josephs plate which had ranch and ketchup on it. She had ranch and ketchup on her too....right after getting her out of the bath! :) Take note also, Grace was screaming and crying in the background, Daddy still thought she was faking it. I had to tend to a customer and said, I will call you right back and he said, will you!? (sometimes my night gets away from me and I don't call...how dare I work at work?! ;)) I call him back right after I was done and the answering machine kicked in and he picked up too. I said, what else did you need? He said he didn't need anything and they were waiting to pray in the bedroom. sigh. So now, call number...5! He called and Grace had  puked. Half went in the bucket and half on the sheets. Good times. She wasn't faking it Daddy! ;) Daddy said my/Uncle Mike's famous quote, "I'm like a one legged man in an a@# kicking contest!" I said, "Tell me about it."
Poor Gracie. She is on the couch on a make shift towel covered bed with a bucket right next to her. Hopefully we get some rest tonight! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment