Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dentist

Here we are again, almost done with the week that flew right by us. I write this with a huge mess staring at my back as I sit here at the computer. I tripped over a toy the other day that I had kicked 5 times prior to that and was so irritated and had to stop myself and think, ok, in about 10 years from now there will be no toys to kick around. I thought of how many diapers I have changed in the last 6 years and for the last 4 years I have changed numerous diapers a day. That's a lot of opening and closing of diapers, so scary I don't even want to do the math! :) I have to enjoy these days of toys and diapers as much as I can because I'm sure some day I will look back and want to kick a toy and change a diaper...well, maybe not the diaper so much but, you know what I mean...;) They are growing so fast and changing it seems in a blink of an eye Joseph and Grace are both getting taller, Livy is talking so much and Emily looks like a little girl instead of a baby. :( It's good that they are growing but time flies.
This last weekend Daddy took Joseph and Grace to Northome for grouse hunting and they had a blast. They got I think 20 grouse? It was a good year for them and I know they had so much fun in the woods. I stayed home with the babies. We stayed at Papa and Mimi's, watched Connor and hung out at home for a couple days because I got the flu. :( This week was a really short week cause it is MEA weekend. Yesterday, Wednesday, Joseph had a field trip to the Oliver Kelly Farm in Ramsey. Mimi watched the girls for me which was wonderful and they were so hyped! It was really nice to be at something with just Joseph. He really thought it was cool that I came and he had so much fun. He was so good and was so interested in everything on the farm. His favorite was seeing the oxen and harvesting rutebegas. He went to his friend Marlo's house after and had fun playing. He forgot his backpack there. I sure hope he doesn't take after me that way...forgetting things...:/ Today we went to the dentist. I had a plan in mind on how we were all going to go. Mimi ended up being home and offering to watch the girls. After the lengthy appointment of me getting my teeth cleaned and Joseph getting sealants, I don't know what I would have done with those girls in that room for that long! SO I was especially appreciative to Mimi again. :) Joseph sat and watched me get my teeth cleaned and he got his sealants. After the appointments we walked over the bakery quick to get a treat. (what a contradiction, get teeth cleaned, let's get some sugar!lol I thought I'd treat him like I treated the girls a couple weeks ago to the bakery as long as I was in Cambridge!:)) He picked out donuts for him and Grace and some pumpkin sugar cookies for the babies and Papa and Mimi. I got a snowball for daddy and I. :) We got to the car and were getting in and he exclaimed, "This was so much fun! The dentist and the bakery?! This was a lot of fun!" Glad it didn't take much and he liked the dentist! lol Again, it was nice to have a "special time" with Joseph even if we just went to the dentist! :) When we got to my mom's house he opened the car door and said, "I can't wait to see how fast I can run now that I have sealants!" 

Olivia (2)-  "Momma, can I play playdough?"
Mommy-  "No, not right now honey, we have to go get Joseph from school."
Olivia-  "I give you ten dollars!"
Mommy-  "Oh really?"
Olivia-  "Yes, I give you ten dollars, come on, come here, I get it from my piggy bank..." (10-10)

Grace (4)(10-10) "No Livy, I get the superman pen and you get this pen. You get this pen because you have a mullet..."
Joseph and his friend Marlo holding the rutabegas they harvested

Joseph at the Oliver Kelly Farm

Joseph's first grade class 2010

This Monchichi shirt was mine when I was a little girl

2 comments:

  1. LOL...that mullet comment is classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a nice time with just Joe Joe! My girls like the Dentist too. I laughed HARD at the mullet comment! The last pic of Livy looks just like you! The girls are wondering why there are no pics of Grace in this entry. ;)

    ReplyDelete