When I wake the kids up in the morning I can tell from the second I call their name what kind of a getting ready morning it's going to be. I usually try to have all their clothes laid out for them so we can have as smooth of a morning as we can with getting 4 little ones out the door fully clothed in a timely manner. This morning wasn't a timely manner, although, we were right on the cutoff dot of being late. But, my new favorite morning word is lollygagging. I wouldn't say it's my favorite per say but I say it a lot. "Don't lollygag we are going to be late!" "You're really lollygagging and you know what happens when we lollygag, we end up being late! We can't be late!" :) And I hated it when my mom said perk up! lol I think lollygag is right up there! lol :) One time when we were rushing out the door I had gotten all the kids dressed, they were at the point of getting their shoes on and I was still running around in my jammies. Grace pointed at me, laughed and said, "HA! Mom! We are all dressed and you are still in your jammies! You're silly!" She summed it up!
Tonight while we were sitting down to eat supper I was doing my usual up and down as the requests came in or I forgot to set whatever on the table. Someone needed a softshell taco, milk, a spoon, more napkins, another plate, anymore cream?! Up and down I went. I had sat down and had a taco shell in my hand to fill and I looked over and Steve had just finished. Mind you, he is inbetween the two babies, so he really can't get out as easy as I can. I got up to get him another shell and he objected and said I should sit down and eat and I just wanted to get him one so that I didn't have to get up soon again...I got him the taco shell and Grace said, "Mom, why are you Daddy's servant?" Steve LOL he said, "boy does Daddy feel like a heel!" I think I told her I help everyone and that's what family is about but Steve had a good laugh over that one! :) Hey, come to think of it, I feel a little like Cinderella! Where's my fairy godmother?! ;)
Thus the life of a mom, running around in jammies when everyone else is dressed, not eating until everyone is done and the food is cold. Taking the time to do whatever else you need to do for someone else cause that's just what you do. Sacrifice.







No comments:
Post a Comment