Last year when we would drive Joseph to school Monday Wednesday and Fridays we started little traditions when making our way to Crown Christian School. We still do all these things everyday! (except for the bump, never thought I'd be bummed about a fix of a bump in the road!) Along the way we found different routes and interesting things to see. If we take the downtown Crown (lol a burnt down bar, country store and church) way we go through the town (about 3/4 mile) and then we look for a llama that lives by a house along the road. That place also had goats for awhile. Every time we go by I say "look for the llama!" and either it's "I see him!" or "No llama.". The llama was out next to the road on the day we brought Joseph's birthday cupcakes for his class. We laughed and said that the llama was smelling our truck and the cupcakes and was waiting for one and we drove right by him! Joseph pretended he was the llama talking and said he was like "hey! I wanted a cupcake!" After that time the llama was not out more times than not and this year he has been out back by the back of the house. Joseph says it's because the llama is still mad at us for not giving him a cupcake!
We then would go over a bump. I would usually yell, "hands up!" and to see little 1 year old Livy raise her hands like she was on a rollercoaster when I went over the bump would make all of us laugh! I would look in the rear view mirror and they would all raise their hands in the air! For the record, I never raised my hands. :) They fixed that bump come spring so we can't go over that mini ride anymore!
Another route we found was a dirt road. If someone asks politely "Can we go on the bumpy road?!" it's usually a ticket down the bumpy road.:) (I guess it's the small things, huh?!:)) There is a beautiful farm with a lot of animals. We stop and roll down the windows so they can hear the sounds of the animals. There are usually white geese, chickens and roosters, goats, cows, and these big beautiful horses that have hair on their hooves. We watch for awhile as the kids make noises to the animals. I'm sure if anyone heard our car they would be amused by all the clucking, neighing and mooing! There is a farm then a little ways down the road that have cows. Livy loved to look at these cows. She would "moo" at them and squeal when they would moo back. One day the cows were all gone. The next time and the next time they were gone too. They were persistently asking where the cows went. I couldn't hold out anymore. I had to explain where a steak came from. Thankfully they have cows again this year and they are very vocal ones at that! Livy loves to "moo" at them in the morning on the way home!
Livy also loves to request songs along the way. I love the musician Brandi Carlile right now and we listen to her cd in the car. Liv will get into the car and say, "long long time ago mom?" We will listen and sing to it all 6 miles home. I think we've even listened to it repeatedly all the way there and back. Hmmm, no wonder why they know that whole song! They kept requesting it though! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment