Saturday, October 9, 2010

Another First Birthday

It was Connors first birthday party today. Happy Birthday Connor! We were just talking tonight about how it seems we were just waiting in the waiting room in total anticipation on what baby B was going to be!! I think most of us thought he was going to be a girl.  When Rick came down to the room to get us he didn't tell us right away which left us agonizing on what he was for about 10 more minutes while he only took the grandparents down to the room(which was fine, but in a room full of waiting Aunties, it seemed like forever!!:)) And now, the little guy is 1. Again, broken record, time flies by way too fast. We had shredded beef and all sorts of good food, he had a farm animal theme with an adorable barn cake and little animal cupcakes. Cow, pig and chick ones and Connor had a little cow cake of his own! He was such a good little birthday boy and opened his gifts and loved his cake! He was still partying when we left at 9:30! :)
We have been sick here this week. I have made a playdate with a friend now and it seems every time I do with her I have to cancel because one of my kids are sick! Livy had an ear infection the last time and who knows the other time. I told her don't give up on me! :) Grace was the one this time. We have been up the last two nights. The night before last was like the house that never sleeps. I was up with all three older ones. Joseph was awake cause Grace was awake and his throat was dry. I was getting him water periodically throughout the night. Livy was just up wandering and wanting water too, I think she said something hurt at some point. Grace was up just throwing up. I was up and didn't get any sleep. When Emily woke me up at a 6:30, I just had to shake my head and down the coffee. We made it through the day and found out that 3 little friends at Grace's preschool, not including Grace was sick with the same thing. I just ordered pizza for supper and took the kids for a ride and went and got it in Zimmerman. Steve was hunting overnight in WI. On the way home on the road that turns into our neighborhood was a lady riding her bike with a tube top bikini on. It was a nice day, but I have seen this middle aged woman on the busier road other days and thought to myself, what the?! Well, I knew it was coming. I mean who rides a bike with a tube top bikini on?! I had to wait for her to cross the road I was turning on. Grace from the back said, "why is that...." Joseph interrupts, "because mom has to wait for her to cross the road..." Grace persistently says again, "no, why does that woman have...." Joseph interrupts again, "because she is on her bike and we  have to wait for her..." Grace persistently says, "No! Why does that woman have on.." Joseph interrupts a 3rd time and says, "OOHHH, you mean her zucchini? She has a zucchini on cause it's hot out." Grace says, "ohh, a zucchini, yeah, it is hot out."  I didn't even correct them. So funny.
And Grace had to miss the birthday party tonight. I thought maybe she had gotten over it this morning but then she complained that her stomach still hurt and after lunch she threw up a little bit. It was Daddy's turn to miss this time. Poor things. :( Hopefully tonight we will sleep. That would be nice. Sleep. Hmmm, that has a nice ring to it....
One more thing about this morning. I had told Joseph that this morning he could sleep in! It was his only morning to enjoy the morning and sleep!He was hyped to sleep in. Emily was up at 7:11 and Joseph was up at 7:25. :) Oh well, I'm sure in the coming years there will be much sleeping in until noon! :) So, I had borrowed an old phone to Rick and he had given it back to me. It's a phone that Joseph would play games on and he would pretend it was his phone. So this morning when we had gotten up he decided to try to play games on it. Well, too bad the SIM card was taken out of it so the only thing you can do with it is call SOS. Well, he called SOS and I had to explain to the 911 dispatcher that my children accidentally called. She said on old cell phones there is a feature that you can only call on emergencies or take the battery out. I apologized profusely and felt like an idiot, hung up the phone and took the battery out immediately!! Ugh. Always something! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sicknesses.... good times. :(
    LOL at Zucchini! I wouldn't have corrected them either!

    ReplyDelete